While you are still residing in Canada, you must apply for the extension of the study visa.
If you have lost your student status while still living in Canada, you can do:
• Apply for a work visa
• Apply for a work permit
• Or continue staying in the country as an outsider, visitor
To restore the status of the student, you must make sure of the following-
• Apply 90 days before losing your status or the permit for a student visa
• Meet every requirement crucial during the stay
• Meet with all the conditions that are required for the stay
• Make sure that you have paid the fee like the study permit fee and a restoration fee.
The processing time for your application could take a lot of time, so it must be way ahead of your time. Before applying for the application, make sure that your school's name is on the DLI or the designated learning institution list. In the name of your school name is not on the list, then to extend your permit, you will have to first to enroll at the DLI.
The time required to process your application depends on the workload of the Canadian consulate. In some cases, applicants do not get any response even after 120 days of the application; in such cases, you contact the Canadian Consulate. After you contact them again, you can expect a reply within 30 days.
If your application is approved while you are in the middle of your course, you will be allowed to continue your stay in Canada, or else returning to your country is the only option you are left with.
If Study Visa has already expired, then this is how you can apply to extend the study permit-
First of all, restore your status as a student to extend your study permit. In the online application form, select the two mentioned options-
• Initial study permit and the extension of the study permit
• Restoration of the temporary resident status as a student
You will have to specify how you lost your status and the reason behind staying longer in Canada. Although you can stay in Canada while your application is being processed but studying further is not an option if your student status is not restored. In case you are accompanied by your common-law partner, spouse, or children, they too, you will be required to restore your status.
When you have a temporary resident permit, your close family is also dependant on your status, so when your status expires, you and your family may be asked to leave the country. So, even if your application is accepted and your Visa is extended, and not your family’s then case, your family will have to leave without you.
Note: If you live in Canada with your family, we recommend submitting your application and the request to a temporary residence permit of your family together.
In most cases, you will be required to apply online for the extension of the study permit.
Why Apply Online?
There are several reasons why you must apply online.
• There are no courier fees or mail delivery time, and the application process happens instantly. The application processing time is also speedy.
• In case your application is short of any document, you will be immediately notified of the same. Upon receiving the notification, the document submitting process online is even more accessible. Like this, you can avoid the hassle of going through the paperwork.
• The online application makes sure that your application is complete before the submission.
• You can keep a constant check on your application processing online without making multiple visits to the office.
• You can keep a check on the updates of the application through your online account.
To make the online application request, you must keep a few things in mind-
Step 1: Make sure you are equipped with the necessary stuffWhile applying online, you will require a camera, scanner to create electronic copies of documents.You must possess a valid debit or credit card.
Step 2: Read the instructions guideWhen applying online, you must read the instructions manual properly to avoid any kind of mistake.
Step 3: Get ready with your answers for the online toolBefore you even upload any forms, you must be able to answer some questions.
Step 4: After completing and submitting the application, you will be required to pay the fee, which also includes the processing fee. You will have to pay a certain amount for the biometrics upon submitting the applications. If you are required to provide your photo and fingerprints, you will be required to pay your biometric fee upon applying. If you are unable to do so, then there will be a lot of delays.
Step 5: You can create your online account or sign in a straightforward and effortless manner to pay your fee, submit the application, check the status of your application, etc.
In case you cannot apply online, you can even choose a paper application for the same.